Join your TCSC friends for another European Adventure!
This time, we will explore Zermatt in Switzerland. Zermatt is the highest winter sports area in the Alps with ski terrain at altitudes between 5,250' and 12,000'. That is 7,250' of vertical drop. The bold pyramid of the Matterhorn rises directly behind the town and is visible from much of the mountain's 360-kilometer trail system which connects two countries and three resort towns. The other side of the Matterhorn is in Italy, and one the greatest moments in a lifetime is skiing over the Theodul Pass and down into the Italian trail system. The world’s highest cableway opened for the 2019 season after 2.5 years construction work. The Matterhorn Glacier, at 12,739' is where you can ski year-round.
Trip to Zermatt, Switzerland
Jan 31 - Feb 8
The trip includes the following:
- Staying at the Hotel Perren in Zermatt
- 5 out of 7 day International lift ticket
- Transportation between Schafer’s Bus Terminal and Newark Airport.
- Full European Breakfast Daily
- 4 course dinner every evening at the Hotel
- 5 out of 7 day international lift ticket is included in the trip price.
- Room upgrades are available for $360 per room. Upgrades include a balcony and view of the Matterhorn. Access their website to view rooms. You will be asked on Meetup if interested. Hotel must know by March 1, 2020. * www.hotel-perren.ch/
- It is suggested that you rent skis in Zermatt instead of shagging them. We will receive a discount at Flexrent in Zermatt, a four minute walk from our hotel, www.flexrent.ch/en/.
- The base price of the trip is $2275/pp.
- $145.00 Trip Interruption Insurance and personal injury insurance is included in the trip price. You can opt out of the insurance but remember you could incur a big $$$$ hit in the event you are injured or require evacuation.
Your $500 Deposit will hold your spot on this trip. Mail your deposit and trip form to:
1435 E. Beecher Hill Road,
Owego NY 13827
Please direct questions to: Norm at email@example.com
or call 607-972-1867
or Bob Nesky at firstname.lastname@example.org, 607-725-2693.
Roster position for trip guests shall be set by RSVPing on Meetup or by calling the trip leaders Norm, 607-972-1867 or
- Deposit check and signed trip form must be received By March 4th, 2019. to maintain trip roster position.
- Only 1 guest per RSVP
- A TCSC "Trip Form" is available in the "Files Section" of our Meetup site.
- Here is a link to that page. * http://www.meetup.com/triplecitiesskiclub/files/
* Second payment of $450 is due on Sept. 5, 2019.
* Third payment of $450 is due on Oct. 3, 2019.
* Fourth payment oof $450 is due on Nov. 7, 2019.
* Balance is due Dec. 5, 2019.
The BUS will be available for loading of luggage starting at 2 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 31, 2020. We will leave for Newark at 2:30 p.m.
Cancellations and transfers
Trip cancellation policy
* $500 deposit becomes non-refundable if cancelling after our September club meeting on Sept. 5, 2019.
* $1,000 becomes non-refundable after Dec. 5, 2019.
* The entire trip cost is non-refundable after Dec. 31, 2019.
If you need to cancel your trip and you find a person of the same gender to take your place, the amount refunded to you will be the amount you have paid minus a $200 change fee.
Flights between Newark and Milan via Lufthansa (SKIS FLY FREE)-
* 1/31/20 Flt 413 EWR to Munich 8:50PM - 10:20AM
* 2/01/20 Flt 1856 Munich to Milan 11:45 - 12:50pm
* Arrival 7 nights hotel (Primarily Double Occupancy Rooms)
* 2/8/20 Flt 1857 Milan to Munich 1:30PM - 2:40PM
* 2/8/20 Flt 412 Munich to Newark 3:40PM - 7:05PM