- We will be staying at Beaver Creek West Condos in Avon, CO.
- Dates: Feb 29 - Mar 7
- Price will be approximately $1350 (without lifts)
- Deposit is $500
- No Air option, subtract $475
- Single room option, add $605
- Trip capacity is 48 guests.
- More trip details will be added to this page in the coming weeks.
Regarding the Epic Local Pass
You can purchase an Epic Local Pass and you will not need lift tickets for this trip. We have a special deal on an "Epic Local Pass" for TCSC trip goers. $719 and we each get a $50 Amazon gift card. This pass also works at Stowe and Okemo in Vermont and Mt. Sunapee in NH. And it works at many western resorts, too.
There are also Epic "day passes" available at a lesser cost. If you plan to ski 5 days, you can purchase the 5 day Epic pass for $485. The 6 day Epic pass is $565. Then for comparison, you can consider the prices $50 less because you will get a $50 Amazon card with either of those purchases.
Question: What if I buy a 6 day Epic pass and then only ski 5 days in Colorado?
Answer: Just go to Hunter Mountain or Okemo 1 day when you get back and use up the 6th day. (Or any mountain where the Epic pass works.)
Question: But can't I do the same thing with a 6 day lift ticket package?
Answer: NO. Lift ticket packages are limited to a specific date range. By the time you get home, they aren't valid any more.
For reference, a standard lift ticket package for our trip is $535 for 5 days and $599 for 6 days. However, if we drop below 10 lift ticket packages, we lose the group rate. Then the prices would be higher. So everyone should purchase either an Epic day pass or Epic Local Pass to avoid this situation.
To purchase your Epic Pass, go to www.winterskiandsport.com
- Click on "Products"
- Click on the "Epic Local Pass" or "Epic Day Pass" where it says "Buy Now"
- Complete the transaction.
- Then click the other "Buy Now" for the $27 insurance product that goes with the Epic Local Pass. (see the picture above on this page for clarification.)
- Complete that transaction.
If you are a veteran or if you are active military or retired from the military, you and your dependents should purchase your pass directly from Vail Resorts. Go to www.epicpass.com.
A TCSC "Trip Form" is available in the "Files Section" of our Meetup site. Here is a link to that page. http://www.meetup.com/triplecitiesskiclub/files/
Please scroll down to find the trip form.
Make deposit check payable to "TCSC" (deposit amount is $500 minimum per person)
Mail check and signed Trip Form to:
Triple Cities Ski Club
c/o Tim Hanna
5219 State Highway 41
Smithville Flats, NY 13841
It is suggested that you purchase trip insurance to avoid losing money if you have to cancel. www.TravelGuard.com is one good source for trip insurance. Also Google "Travel Insurance" to find other sources. Please do your own research to find the best trip insurance for your needs. It is best to sign up for trip insurance within 2 weeks of paying the trip deposit so that pre-existing conditions are covered. (Some policies allow a 21 day window for that.)
Cancellations and Transfers
Trip Cancellation policy
- $500 deposit becomes non-refundable if cancelling after our September club meeting on Sept. 5, 2019.
- $1,000 becomes non-refundable after Dec. 5, 2019.
- The entire trip cost is non-refundable after Dec. 31, 2019.
If you need to cancel your trip and YOU find a person of the same gender to take your place, the amount refunded to you will be the amount you have paid minus a "name change fee" that can range from zero to $200.
UA5938 29FEB SYRDEN 354P 600P
UA5875 07MAR DENSYR 945A 318P
Contact Tim Hanna for more information: email@example.com
or call 607-768-0429.